Chesterfield Historical Society of Virginia Gifts
NOTE: The Gift Shop formerly located at the Magnolia Grange Home Museum has been closed. Some items are still available for sale at the historic Trinity Church.
Need a good book on Chesterfield County history? Or an elegant print of one or more of the County’s historic sites? Various books, prints and photographs as well as some other items of historic interest are available in our Research Library in Historic Trinity Church, 10111 Iron Bridge Road, Chesterfield, VA 23832. Hours: Monday-Friday 10am-4pm. For more information, call: 804-796-7152.
Available Books for Sale - “Books and other items for sale are available from the Chesterfield Historical Society of Virginia, located in historic Trinity Church, 10111 Iron Bridge Road, Chesterfield, VA 23832, or by using the PayPal buttons below.
- A new book, titled, “Murder in Midlothian: The True and Complete Account of the Murder of Anthony T. Robiou on July 16, 1851” by local author Brandon Fullam is now available from the Chesterfield Historical Society of Virginia. According to the author, “The murder of Anthony T. Robiou and the trial that followed were sensational events that captured the attention of Chesterfield residents, as well as those of neighboring counties, in the mid-19th Century.” Mr. Fullam adds, “For nearly two years, from July 1851 to June 1853, the murder and subsequent trial were the talk of the town and received extensive front page newspaper coverage. Yet the true and factual story of these events has been lost over time.” The purpose of Mr. Fullam’s new book is to “For the first time, to tell the complete and accurate story of the events surrounding the murder, the activities of all the people involved, and a close account of the subsequent trial including testimony given by key witnesses. “Murder in Midlothian,” priced at $15, it is available from the Chesterfield Historical Society of Virginia, located in historic Trinity Church, 10111 Iron Bridge Road, Chesterfield, VA 23832, or by using the PayPal button below.
- New Bermuda Hundred Campaign Book for sale at the Chesterfield Historical Society of Virginia. Robert E. Lee feared the day the Union army would return up the James River and invade the Confederate capital of Richmond. In the spring of 1864, Ulysses Grant, looking for a way to weaken Lee, was about to exploit the Confederate commander’s greatest fear and weakness. A must have book that is historically correct. Available in the CHSV Research Library. Cost of the book is $15 including tax. Mailing is an additional $3.00 per book.
- Two Centennials – A Commemorative History of the 1917 Courthouse and World War I in Chesterfield County, VA, 1917/1918-2017/2018. Cost: $10.00 Limited Copies available. Makes a nice gift.
- Chesterfield County "Early Architecture and Historic Sites" - Includes detailed research notes and photos of historic structures and locations in Chesterfield County, VA. Cost: $50.00 Limited Copies available.
- Chesterfield County Chronicles- From the Courthouse Green to the creeks of Midlothian, local historian Diane Dallmeyer explores this fascinating history with a series of vignettes and articles that first appeared in the Chesterfield Observer: Cost: $20.00
- A Time to Remember. A visual documentary of Chesterfield County history, all photographs from the Chesterfield Historical Society of VA Picture Collection. Cost: $10.00
- Chesterfield - An Old Virginia County , Volumes 1 and II- The story of Chesterfield County, VA. Cost: Vol 1- $20, Vol II -$ 20 Limited copies)
- The Bermuda Hundred Campaign - A self Guiding Tour Guide book. Discusses the the only Civil War Campaign fought entirely in one County. Contains battle maps: Cost: $10.00 Limited Copies available. Makes a very nice gift for your Civil War historian. Limited copies)
Items for Sale : Please use the PayPal buttons below to purchase gift items.
Shop Other Gifts for Sale
We have a limited number of Chesterfield County Christmas Ornaments. These will go fast. Stop by the Historic Trinity and make a selection from our inventory.
Limited historical Prints
We have in our inventory historical prints of Chesterfield County sites. These are on display at the Historical Trinity Church. These make nice gifts for framing.
We have a limited number of beverage mugs. These sale fast. Stop by the Historic Trinity Church and make a selection from our inventory.
Ever wonder what the county looked like in 1888? We have maps that show the size and homes that dotted the landscape. Pick one up at the Historic Trinity Church today.