Chesterfield Historical Society of Virginia
Popular Winter Lecture Series
The Chesterfield Historical Society of Virginia (CHSV) will present its popular “Winter Lecture Series” in Chesterfield, VA, starting on January 12th, 2024 and continuing every second Friday through March 22nd, 2024. Each lecture begins at 7: 00 p.m. and will be held at Beulah Methodist Church, 6930 Hopkins Road, N. Chesterfield, VA 23234. Admission is free for CHSV members- $5 for non-members.
- The First lecture on January 12 , "Saga of the 1749 Commission of the Peace-Chesterfield's Birth Certificate" by Liess van der Llinden-Brusse, Chair, CHSV Library Committee and Buddy Cranford, a CHSV Volunteer.
- The Second lecture on January 26 , will be the "Sudbury’s Farm May 23, 1781: The Illusive Battleground of the Revolution in Chesterfield, John Pagano, Military Historian & Site Manager, Henricus Historical Park
- The Third lecture on February 9 , will be "Through the Eyes of Coretta Scott King" by Theresa G, a First Person Historic Interpreter.
- The Fourth lecture on February 23, will be "100 Years Living on Family Land in Bon Air" by CHSV Board of Director, Diane Mallory.
- The Fifth lecture on March 8, will be "80th Anniversary of D Day: 1944-2024 by James Triesler, Director of Education, Virginia Department of Veterans Services.
- The Sixth lecture on March 22, will be "Chesterfield County's 275th Anniversary" by Bryan Truzzie, Historic Sites Specialist, Department of Parks and Recreation, Chesterfield County.
The Chesterfield Historical Society deeply appreciates the Pastor and Congregation of Beulah Church for hosting our popular Winter Lectures in their comfortable church facility.
Refund Policy Effective May 1, 2023....
Refund Disclosure for CHSV
Effective May 1, 2023 the following refund policy will be effective for all programming.
All participant-initiated refund requests should be made in-writing and submitted to the Administrative Assistant for approval. Full refunds, less a $5.00 administrative fee will be made for cancellations received more than 10 business days (14 calendar) days before the event or program. Refunds will not be made for requests received within 10 business days before the event. Activity fees for any advertised program under $10.00 are nonrefundable.
If a program is cancelled by Chesterfield Historical Society of Virginia, due to low enrollment the participant will receive a full refund. All refund requests are subject to review by the Chesterfield Historical Society's Treasurer and President. Chesterfield Historical Society of Virginia reserves the right to review these procedures and administer refunds in the best interest of the Society and by generally approved accounting procedures.
When scheduled, our Events Calendar includes: Annual Winter Lecture Series, Genealogy Workshops, Rotating Exhibits, Tours of Civil War sites, Paranormal Investigations, Elegant Themed Teas, Summer Camps for Scouts, Home-Schoolers and children age group 8-12
Annual fundraisers include: Ever-Popular Westchester Commons Summer Concert Series: Concert events are held from 5:30-8:30 on Thursday evenings in the Westchester Concert Field, on Main Street at Westchester Commons. On the day of the Concert, you can help us raise funds for this event.
We sponsor the Annual Chesterfield County Veterans Day ceremony at the 1917 Courthouse and support the preservation of our historical sites and Civil War parks. In addition, the Society promotes county history through public speaking engagements, information tables at local festivals and programs for educational outreach.
Notice: For CHSV Events : Please Review the Refund Policy stated above. Holiday Closures