Chesterfield Historical Society of Virginia


Magnolia Grange House Museum

Magnolia Grange Events

10020 Iron Bridge Road, Chesterfield, VA 23832

Please note: To maintain the historical integrity of the site, Magnolia Grange is not handicapped accessible.   Programs are Free. Reservations required for all programs.   The House museum reopened to the public on August 2, 2022.  The History of Magnolia Grange Families    For more details, please contact Martha Atkinson or telephone at 804-748-1498

MapMagnolia Grange in Light Snow

Note:  Magnolia Grange is temorarily closed for repairs/painting. 

200th Anniversary of Magniolia Grange:  Magnolia Grange was temporarily closed to the public. The Historical Society—in partnership with Chesterfield County Parks and Recreation, Chesterfield County General Services, and Chesterfield County—restored the interior of this historical home. As many of you know, this year marks the 200th anniversary of Magnolia Grange (1822-2022). As such, the Historical Society is coordinating a special commemorative events.  In the meantime, please visit us at our library and offices at Trinity Church, the County Museum, or the historic jail. We hope to see you soon  The house museum is now open to the public    See News Release  Printable Sites Map  







Magnolia Grange House Museum offers events, programs and tours that will satisfy any age group.  Home Schools and Public Schools are encourage to arrange a trip to the County Museum.    The last tour at Magnolia Grange ends on  Tuesdays-Fridays at 3:00 PM and the last tour on Saturdays is at 1:00 PM. Call 804-748-1498 for details.  More about Magnolia Grange-select the photo above. Click on picture for a larger view of Magnolia Grange. 


Nov 12, 2022 Chesterfield in WWI   In observance of Veterans Day, George Cranford, volunteer with the Chesterfield Historical Society of Virginia, will present a program on the impact that Chesterfield County had during WWI. Saturday, November 13  12 p.m. At Magnolia Grange. 

Nov 19, 2022 Native American History  To celebrate Native American history month, representatives from the Wolf Creek Cherokee Tribe of Virginia will be sharing the history of their tribe, displaying artifacts from their collection and will discuss archaelogical evidence recovered from their tribal land.  Saturday, November 19   12 p.m. At Magnolia Grange. 

NewCHRISTMAS HOLIDAY TEAS:  Join us for themed teas featuring traditional holiday tunes performed by Harken Back String Band (formerly Haversacks and Hardtack String Band).  Various teas, finger sandwiches, and desserts will be served.  Reservations required.  To register, use the PayPal link below.  At Magnolia Grange House Museum, 10020 Iron Bridge Road, Chesterfield, VA 23832

Program is full.  Registration closed.
New ItemFebruary 8, 2023 Valentines Day Tea at Magnolia Grange House Museum Presented by Chesterfield Historical Society of Virginia Save the calendar date to attend a very special Valentine Tea in beautiful Magnolia Grange! We look forward to celebrating with both friends and loved ones Wednesday, February 8, from 1:00-3:00 pm, to this historic home located at 10020 Iron Bridge Road, Chesterfield. There will be musical entertainment, tours of the home, and a Valentine-themed menu of savory and sweet tea sandwiches and desserts, catered again by the fabulous Baking and Pastry Arts students of the Chesterfield Technical Center at Courthouse Campus. Wear Valentine colors to get in the mood with warm tea and culinary confections. Our Teas are sellout occasion, so advance reservations are required. Tickets are $30 each.  Reservations can be made by using the PayPal button below.  Call Martha Atkinson at 804-748-1498 or email Martha Atkinson..  Reservations are required.


Valentine's Day Tea - $30 Per Person Magnolia Grange
Participant (s) Name


Historic Sites Collage